Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Introduction

Although there are hundreds of thousands of political blogs, I believe everyone has a unique perspective on issues and candidates today, so I may as well publish my thoughts. Therefore, welcome to my blog, where I will focus on current events, elections, global relations, and - most importantly - interpreting what is going on in a legible manner so even those who do not care as much can read it.

Whether or not anyone ends up reading this doesn't matter to me. I've got so many ideas and so few people who wish to hear them (or understand them) that I hope this will help me get some things off my mind. I may throw in the occasional personal note, but I will stick mainly to what I'm interested in: Politics.

So a little background: I was raised in a suburb outside of Chicago, so I have a Democratic lean. However, I am not completely loyal to the Democratic party - on many issues I'm more liberal, on others I'm more moderate or conservative. I find it striking today that classic liberalism isn't really followed by the "liberal" party. With the Tea Party atmosphere and such disgusting partisanship, it's more exhausting to follow politics than ever.

Finally, I will always try to cite my sources. Most of my information comes from the Huffington Post, or from things I hear on MSNBC, CNN, Fox, or my local news. Thanks for reading, and I hope someone can relate!

No comments: